But it has been fun to watch them over the last many years, as they have made a concerted effort to participate in activities which wouldn't be their first choice, because they want to do what their grandkids want to do. They have rollerskated, gone to really dumb kid movies, eaten at restaurants with kid-friendly foods, and even . . . played a game. At least one. I know this, because when we were at the cabin in Sundance we suggested playing Yahtzee and they happily agreed.
And we had a great time! We played in teams:
Apparently Dan thought that scaring Aubrey would keep her from rolling a yahtzee??
And guess who won the Yahtzee tournament? You got it - Grandma and Grandpa! They were a little excited!
Since they loved games SO MUCH, for Christmas we gave them a few more games for their game closet!
2 comments:
Ugh, NOW I really miss you guys! I really miss Dan and his underhanded attempts to win. "Caw, Caw"... sound familiar?
Go, Mom and Dad!! I'm glad they won!
Post a Comment