Monday, July 15, 2013

And now, a post that is 15 months overdue!

In April 2012 my sisters and Mom and I spent 4 days in Las Vegas for the annual Springers Girls Trip. I can't believe I never blogged about it, and I'm not going to go into much detail because we made a separate book specifically for this trip. But, it was so much fun that it deserves a mention in the blog book!

First off, we had reserved a rental car which had saved us a bit of money, but which required a LONG shuttle ride from the airport.
 
Mom and her very essential Diet Dr. Pepper.
  The first night we found an absolutely delicious Greek restaurant. We returned there the last day.  Good food was actually one of the themes of this trip. We found amazing ethnic restaurants - a Yiddish restaurant, sushi, French crepes, German bakery, and Italian food.
 
 
Because we indulged in such amazing food, we decided to go on a walk every morning around the condo. I think Mom told us to pose like we were walking. In reality, we just look really dorky.
 Facebook stalking: pure mindless fun.


Kara was determined to lay out and get tan. Well, Vegas was unusually cold, so we laid out in 60 degree weather.
 Random and fun pictures around Vegas. We did lots of shopping.
 
And found this awesome chocolate fountain near the French creperie in the Bellagio.
 The beautiful lights at night on the Strip.
 One of the days we got full makeovers at Sephora. It was fun! We learned some valuable tips about makeup.
 
 I also learned that I did NOT like the orange lipstick they recommended.
 My beautiful Mom!

 
Speaking of primping, we spent hours every day getting ready for the day. Just because we could. No kid responsibilities, no place we had to be at any particular time. It was great!
 And, the requisite matching clothes pictures.  A sister tradition.
 Can you tell that we laugh a lot on girl trips?
 
 Sometimes we laugh so much at our crazy antics that Kara has to sit on the ground to avoid . . . . an accident.

 That was right after she and Ali performed their exaggerated hip waggle walk. Which they did to make Mom and I laugh when they walked away from us in the Bellagio. But Mom and I didn't notice, so they just entertained everyone watching. Luckily, in Vegas, no behavior is truly considered strange.
 Like this guy - one of many, many Elvis' we saw on the Strip.
 We did our best to match the positions of the mannequins in the Venetian.
And, before you know it, it was over. We were back to real life with our families who we really did miss. But first, Mom had Ali drink the last of the juice from our fridge at the curb of the airport, so we didn't waste any.  We Springers are frugal!

And now I think it's time to start planning the next girls getaway. We are overdue for a trip - the 2013 trip was postponed due to crazy schedules.

No comments: