Tuesday, June 9, 2009

All about Bailey

This posting is dedicated to my sweet 12 year old daughter. We celebrated her birthday last Saturday, and it was a fabulous day! She started the day with her favorite breakfast in bed: homemade waffles with berries and whipped cream AND bacon.

Breakfast in bed, followed by opening presents with the family hanging out on the bed.

One of Bailey's new favorite music artists: Taylor Swift.

Supplies for our upcoming cake decorating classes. Bailey is addicted to the Food Network cake decorating shows!



We got our nails done at a spa and then headed to the mall. We had an appointment at the Clinique counter. There she learned about skin care and how to apply some subtle makeup.




The pedicure with the massage chair was great!



We shopped for some things for her while at the mall, ate lunch, and then left for home to get ready for a birthday party. It was wonderful to spend time with her!
On Sunday she graduated from Primary. In our ward, they make it really fun. The graduating girl is escorted out of the Primary room by the Beehive class, walking on a red carpet, as everyone sings "Called to Serve" (they walk when the chorus begins: onward, ever onward . . .). She also was presented her Faith in God award. Then she attended YW for the first time.
There is so much I could say about our wonderful Bailey, but I will limit myself to 12, in honor of the big birthday.
1. Bailey, I love your enthusiasm and zest for life. You like to be involved and active, and you have a great amount of energy.
2. I appreciate your honesty. I know that what you tell me is the truth. Integrity means so much.
3. I love the way that we can talk and have fun together, especially now that you are becoming a teenager. I think the teen years are going to be great!
4. I am glad you like to read so much and that we like to read many of the same books.
5. I am grateful that you are kind and compassionate toward others.
6. I am impressed by your attention to detail. You never forget names, faces, and other details. This is not something your inherited from me!
7. I admire your desire to learn new skills. Right now you want to learn to decorate cakes. It will be fun to take our cake decorating class and learn together.
8. I appreciate your dedication to learning and schoolwork. I never have to remind you about a school project or assignment. You are always right on top of it, and you always strive to do well in school.
9. I love to read your writing - you have a gift for sharing things verbally or in writing.
10. I am glad you have persisted with piano lessons, even though you tell me all the time that you hate it and I am so mean for making you take lessons. You are sounding great, and I just know that someday you will THANK me for making you continue lessons (and then you will make your own children take lessons).
11. You are great with younger kids and are a fantastic older sister. I know that you are going to be in high demand as a babysitter in the neighborhood. We will have to schedule far in advance to get you as our babysitter!
12. I am so grateful that you desire to make good choices and continue to develop your testimony.
I love you, Bailey!





No comments: