He lives his life from the point of view of a superhero. All around him are bad guys to wrestle and people to save. To my chagrin, he is magnetically drawn to every superhero movie in our house. While they are fun for his 17 year old brother, I think they are too violent for a 4 year old! I told Joseph that he couldn't watch the movies because they are too violent, and he told me that I don't understand. He said, "Mom, superheroes aren't scared."
It's a stage, I know it is. And somehow it helps my little guy, who feels powerless in some key areas of his life, feel in control and invincible. For now, I guess I will just enjoy watching my little Superman race around the house with an earnest desire to save the world!
2 comments:
We miss sweet little Joseph! He is a super hero in our book for sure.
Grandma Springer
Wow! I am SOO impressed with how well you are keeping up with your blog! I'm sorry I've been a blog slacker and haven't checked it until now. We have the internet working again, so I'll be checking it regularly! I love the posts about Joseph because his personality cracks me up!
Post a Comment