It was right on this bridge (which is near the Tree Room Restaurant at Sundance Ski Resort) that Dan proposed to me 22 years ago. Because we stayed in a nearby cabin with Grandma and Grandpa Springer during our Christmas trip, one day we decided to re-enact the proposal and take the family to see the very spot where all the magic happened.
First we all sat down in the living room of the lodge and Dan told the story from the beginning. The kids groaned deeply and incessantly through the entire story.Ooooh, groooossss, lovely-dovey stuff and kissing . . . . .
And then we loaded our crew up and drove down the road to the ski resort.
First we walked around the beautiful buildings which house the restaurant and took a few pictures.
Then we walked down the pathway in search of the "proposal bridge" over the creek (When Dan retold the story this time I learned something new! A few days before he proposed he had driven up to Sundance and had walked around until he found a suitable proposal spot. And I thought we just happened upon the perfect picturesque bridge in the woods!)
And we found it.
So, we re-enacted the proposal. Our kids continued to groan from the sidelines.(By the way, now there are cabins on the other side of the bridge. I guess there have been a few changes in 22 years.)
It was fun. And I'm still glad I married this man.
1 comment:
... we are too, Tiffany. We are too.
Post a Comment