Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Day with the Yanceys

We were so excited to see the Yancey family for one day early in June. They arrived late on the 2nd, and the next day was both Kara and Austin celebrated their birthdays (Kara turned 30-something and Austin turned 14)! The girls and I brought them breakfast in bed, a long standing Porter birthday tradition.
Bailey and Ash were joined at the hip, of course. Aubrey very happily played Barbies with Lauryn.  Joseph thought Jayden was the coolest thing ever - they spent many hours jumping on the trampoline and searching for bugs outside to add to their bug jars. They found lots of snails, which I gleefully killed (hey - they eat all my flowers!)  Jayden, a true bug lover, was shocked at my display of animosity toward the innocent snails and slugs.
 Kara and I took Austin to lunch for his birthday while our husbands spent a day doing guy things. It was Kara's idea (and a very unselfish thing to do on  her birthday). The guys golfed in the morning, went to lunch, and saw a "guy" movie. We're glad they had fun. Dan has really missed his Davey-buddy.

To entertain the kids in the afternoon Kara and I set up a new slip 'n slide for the kids. The weather was barely 60 degrees, so the water was a little CHILLY, but they had fun.  I pulled out my mementos from Japan and Japan scrapbook for Austin and he was entertained.
 
 Jayden, the living skeleton.
While the younger kids partied outside, our teenage girls spent the afternoon at the mall, spending Bailey's birthday money. They found some very cute new clothes, including jeans which fit Bailey. Ashlyn found a lot of blingy jewelry. Looking good, girls!
 

Lauryn tried out some modeling moves.  Wooohoooo!

We savored every minute of the Yancey's short visit.  Come again!

No comments: