As I posted pictures of Aubrey's musical theater revue from last month I realized that I never posted anything about the play she was in way back in the beginning of April. I guess I still have quite a bit of catching up to do!
In January Aubrey auditioned for a part in the musical My Son, Pinocchio, which is a really cute spin-off of the Pinocchio story (telling it from Gepetto's point of view). She was given the part of the Dutch Girl Marionette (with a solo singing part) and was also in the kids chorus. The play practice schedule was arduous, especially at a time of the year when school and all other activities were also really busy. But, she really likes performing and being with her fellow actors. She did a wonderful job!
Backstage, she had a friend take some pictures of her in her costumes.
A few pictures after the show with Joseph and with our good friend Rebecca McDonnell. Thanks to Rebecca we didn't have to drive Aubrey to every practice and tech week rehearsal (which were held 40 minutes from our home). We paid for Rebecca's gas for the week and she drove Aubrey back and forth. It was a great help!
No comments:
Post a Comment