Thursday, July 21, 2011

What we did while the girls were away

July has been an interesting month.  Dan and I are remembering what it was like to have only one child . . . .
  • the evenings are very quiet
  • the house doesn't get as messy
  • we have time to give our "only" child all the attention he can handle
  • it is too quiet and a little lonely
Both Bailey and Aubrey have been busy or out of town for most of the month.  Bailey returned from a week at Girl's Camp and then left the next day to Utah for two weeks. She attended EFY at BYU with her cousin Ashlyn and then spent an additional week visiting with her cousin Mianna. Below, saying goodbye at the airport.
The same day, Aubrey left with the Yates family to spend a week along the Oregon Coast. Below, a picture of one our waterfall hikes just before they left.
So, Joseph, a week with no siblings at home.  What do you want to do?
"I want to go on fun adventures and eat yummy food." (That means several trips to the frozen yogurt shop.)
"I want to do lots and lots of puzzles with my Dad.  Big puzzles, not baby puzzles."
"I want to see a parade for the 4th of July and get my face painted like Spiderman and pretend that sparklers are pirate swords."
"I want to create lots of costumes for characters. Because I have a great imagination, you know. This is the "Pirates of the Caribbean" costume I made up."
 "Two kinds of spy or secret agent outfits.  Don't I look awesome?"
 "I miss playing with my sisters. But it was fun to have the house and my mom and dad to myself!"

No comments: