Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pioneer Girl

Bailey is off on a Pioneer Trek, along with all the youth in our Stake. They are somewhere in the desert in southeastern Washington. She is pulling a handcart all day ( along with her "pioneer family"), sleeping in the open air for three nights, eating pioneer-style food, and changing clothes only once in four days.  She was excited and a little scared as she departed on her adventure. But Brandon had told her that Trek is a great and potentially life-changing experience. I'm sure it will be.  But right now I'm a little worried about my little girl. I hope she is holding up okay and not hurting.

She was allowed to take only the bare essentials - packed in a 5 gallon bucket.

The day before she left we took some pictures in her Trek outfits.  She makes a great pioneer girl!

Now, this was funny. I walked into the room to see Bailey, still in her Trek clothes, playing with her ipod touch. That was a strange juxtaposition of old-fashioned and new-technology.

No comments: