Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Explanation

Since we only have one child at home this week (and he is on the couch resting because he is sick), I have finally had time to catch up on blog postings for the events of the past few months.

I don't know if anyone out there reads our family blog, but in the event that a blog reader has been bored to tears by the avalanche of postings about miscellaneous Porter family events, let me explain.

I have enjoyed blogging for two reasons. One . . . it has been a great way to stay in touch with family and friends who live far away. I love reading the blogs of people we love who live around the country. I feel much more connected to their lives.

But, mostly the blog has proven to be a successful way for us to keep a family history. Every year or so we print out a "blog book" and, voila, instant family history! Blogging has assuaged my long-standing guilt about not scrapbooking anymore and not keeping a very good journal.

So, the postings are really for us. So we can remember all the little tedious details of our lives. And maybe someday maybe my great-granddaughter will think it is cool to read each and every entry about all the days that made up the whole of our lives . . . . .

1 comment:

Shellee said...

I always read your blog. It's a great way for me to stay close to my nieces and nephews. I love you and I'm grateful that you keep your blog up to date... I'm having a hard time with it myself!